Wednesday, March 4, 2009

From the Archives...

Perceptive readers will note that my blog posts now mysteriously begin in April of 2007 rather than November of the same year. I actually have been blogging longer than I've been here on blogspot, but the old Scoop site developed some problems and needed to be taken down in 2007. Now I have finally started the task of poring through the Internet archives and pulling down some of my older articles. The old blog was at augoeides.net from 2006 to 2007, and the links from 1999 and 2000 are somebody else's who had the domain before me. Unfortunately I can't re-register it and link it here because it was grabbed by domain squatters when it expired, and I'm not about to pay those parasites for the privilege of using it again.

One of the problems with Scoop is that it uses an "above the cut/below the cut" model for articles, which is normally not a problem except that when a site is archived the "below to cut" portion is not picked up. As a result, a number of my longer articles are not retrievable and what I was able to restore consists mostly of shorter pieces like brief comments on news articles and so forth. If you're interested in some of my earlier blog articles, go ahead and take a look the articles that are now dated from April 2007 to July 2007 on this site. I plan on to restoring more old articles in the future, but for now I hope that you find this collection amusing and informative.

UPDATE: I was able to retrieve more articles dating back as far as December 2006 from the archive. As far as I can tell, there are no more complete articles there for me to transfer. There are a number of articles still in the archive that I did not bring over on the grounds that only the introductory paragraph or paragraphs were retrievable. I've also updated the site template based a bit more on the look of the old site, the main noticeable changes being the background and header colors.

Technorati Digg This Stumble Stumble

No comments: